Rules for Entry - Method A
The following is information regarding entry Method A,
- for China Wineries and China Importers/Distributors, or for wineries
overseas intending to enter through representatives based in China.
For Wineries overseas without representation in China, please refer Method B.
Important Dates to Remember in 2013
|Friday 1st March 2013||Entry Kits for 2013 (Hard copy and Web form) will be available.
Please enter anytime after this date.
|Friday 21st June 2013
||Last date for Entry Forms to be submitted via internet to China Wine Challenge.
|Friday 28th July 2013||Wines must reach the DHL Jiuting Warehouse in Shanghai.|
|Tue. 16th – Thu. 18th July 2013
||China Wine Challenge Tasting by Judges at Hilton Shanghai.|
|Friday 19th July 2013||Awards Ceremony & Dinner at Hilton Shanghai.|
Awards will only refer to a single homogeneous batch of wine, originating at the time of bottling from one and the same container.
Wines must be available in quantities of at least 1,000 liters held for the purpose of release to the market, in containers of a nominal volume not exceeding 2 liters. However, should certain categories of wine be produced in particularly small quantities, batches of wine of less than 1,000 liters. may be accepted, but not of less than 100 liters.
All wines must be labeled to show the name of the region and the geographical area of origin of the wine. In addition, the year in which the grapes used were harvested must be shown. Non-vintage wines may also be given an Award but in this case no award stickers may be attached to the wine's container unless the wine is of recognized VQPRD (or its equivalent) standard or above.
2. COST TO ENTER
Entrants may submit as many wines as they wish. A handling charge of Renminbi 1,700 (Euros 204 / US $272) will be made for each wine entered up to and including 10 wines. For the 11th wine and above, a charge of Renminbi 1,400 (Euros 168 / US $224) will be made.
3. NUMBER OF BOTTLES TO SUBMIT PER ENTRY
Four (4) x 750ml bottles or equivalent (eg 8 x 375ml) must be submitted for every entry. This is to ensure sufficient for re-tastings / Trophy tastings / photographs and for the Awards Ceremony and Dinner.
4. IF THE SAME WINE IS ENTERED MORE THAN ONCE
When the same wine is submitted by more than one company, all entrants names will be featured equally in the report of the tasting. Fees for multiple entries cannot be refunded.
5. SENDING YOUR ENTRY FORMS
- Forms to submit at the China Wine Challenge by Friday 21st June 2013 via internet.
To send Forms by email, attach to email and send to < >
For those who would like to enter your wines through this website, please go to “Steps to Enter” page.
- Chinese retail price of wines per bottle MUST be included on the Wine Form (for wines not yet available in China please list your FOB export price and retail price in your home market).
- After your entry has been accepted, you will receive an e-mail about a special entry code number label specific to your entry to attach to the outer cartons (so-called "outer carton entry code number label"). This label must be attached to your shipping boxes.
6. SENDING YOUR WINES
Send wines via courier to arrive by Friday 28th June 2013 at our warehouse:
China Wine Challenge c/o DHL Jiuting Warehouse, No. 11
No. 305 Huting Rd, Jiuting, Shanghai, China 201615
Tel. (+86 21) 3763 7543/ 6298 1339
Fax. (+86 21) 3763 7545
- Please kindly paste "the outer carton entry code number label" onto outside of all wine boxes.
- We regret that we do not accept wines which are delivered from outside of China; any overseas suppliers wishing to take part should arrange delivery of their wines through their China distributors.
- Please also mark on each case of wine "Samples - No commercial value".
All carriage, clearance, storage charges and taxes payable on wines must be pre-paid for by the Submitter. Failure to pay these duties will result in your wines not being entered. Please complete the courier documentation carefully, remembering to tick the appropriate prepaid freight charges.
- Entrants are entirely responsible for the arrival of their wines in time for the Challenge. The organizers can take no responsibility for this. We regret that late arrivals will not be accepted and neither credits nor refunds will be issued if the forms or wines fail to arrive on time.
7. USE OF THE CHINA WINE CHALLENGE LOGO
Stickers of the China Wine challenge logo, medals and trophies are available to Award winners. The CWC logo remains the property of the China Wine Challenge and any unauthorized use, reproduction or alteration of the China Wine Challenge logo, trophies and medals is strictly prohibited.
Should any trophy or medal be used for promotional purposes (e.g. on printed material or on TV/radio advertising), the award must be attributed to the China Wine Challenge. In case of any doubts/questions please contact the China Wine Challenge.
These will be announced at our Awards Ceremony on Friday 19th July 2013 and will be featured on our website. A letter will be sent with a Certificate together with a receipt.
An order form will be sent along with your Certificate to obtain medal seals. You can also order your digital logo.
10. BIODYNAMIC/ORGANIC WINES
If any wine entered qualifies as being Biodynamic or Organic, please tick the box in the entry form. This is to ensure eligibility for consideration for the Trophy for Best Biodynamic/Organic Wine.