Chairman - Lynn Sherriff MW
“I am delighted to work as Chairman for the China Wine Challenge this year.”
Chairman of the Institute of Master of Wine, of the Japan Wine Challenge, and of the China Wine Challenge, Lynne has been for many years a strong supporter of the developing Asian wine markets, and is an untiring champion of the cause of wine education at every consumer and trade level.
- David Wrigley MW (UK) - International Director of WSET (the world's largest wine education body with 24,000 students in 47 countries), David has pioneered WSET's development overseas with particular focus on the key emerging markets of Asia notably Japan and China.
- Rowald Hepp (Germany)- Rowald is the Managing Director and Winemaker of Schloss Vollrads, one of the top German wine estates. He is dedicated to producing the highest possible levels of wine excellence and is deeply committed to the Asian market.
- John Salvi MW (UK) - John is the president of Wine and Spirit Association of Great Britain. He has been in the Wine Trade for 42 years, and is the representative for Great Britain at the International Union of Oenologoists. He is an active professional taster, wine consultant, and wine writer.
- Andrew Caillard MW (Australia) - Founder of the Langton's Fine Wine Classification of Australian Wine (one of the key references for Australian premium wine) and Wine Principal of the Woolworths Group in Australia (the largest wine retailer in Australia and one of the most influential internationally), Andrew is internationally respected as a wine writer/educator and auctioneer. He is also a talented artist.
- Anthony Rose (UK) - As wine writer for the "Independent" in the UK, Anthony has for many years been a key supporter both of the Japan Wine Challenge and of wine developments in Japan and China.
- Michel Bettane (France) - For many years the President of the Revue de Vin de France (France's leading wine magazine), Co-Founder of the Bettane & Desseauve Guide (the leading reference on premium French wines), Michel is internationally recognised as one of the very top world wine authorities.
- Yang Lu (China) - Born in Xinjiang, raised in Shanghai, educated and trained in Canada, Yang Lu became the first ever certified sommelier from Mainland China in 2007. Yang is the only Level 5 WSET Diploma holder in China, and was "Meilleur Sommelier de la Chine 2010."
Ronny Lau is a wine-loving music critic and music-loving wine critic. He started his wine and spirits columns in 1980s. He is now a free lance writer, with regular columns in 10 different magazines and newspaper in Hong Kong, mainland China and Malaysia. He is the director of the Greater China Wine Critics Association and the author of 4 wine books: "In Love with Wine," "Le Dialogue du Vin - French," "Around the Wine World" and "All About Wine."
Stephen Chenguang Li
Stephen is one of China's best recognized wine ducators, with and excellent palate and tasting
Dennis Lin is a wine and gourmet journalist, and also works as an educator and consultant. He is a WSET Certified Educator, and is working for his WSET Diploma. Besides writing for many renowned Chinese publications (Time Out, Wine Press, Fine Wine and Liquor, Wine Magazine, etc), he has organised many tasting courses and other wine events throughout China to promote wine.
Dr. Edward Ragg
Dr. Edward Ragg is a wine writer, educator and consultant based in Beijing. He is co-founder, with Fongyee Walker, of Dragon Phoenix Fine Wine Consulting, mainland China's most successful WSET provider. Ragg holds qualifications from WSET, The Court of Master Sommeliers and the Society of Wine Educators (of which he is also a Member). He is currently working toward his CWE and WSET Diploma. He is also China correspondent for wine sites Catavino, Enobytes and Visit Vineyards. A former Captain of the Cambridge University Blind Wine-Tasting Team, Ragg has judged at the International Wine Challenge (London) and is a blind-tasting panellist for Food & Wine Magazine China and Wine in China Magazine. He is an Associate Professor at Tsinghua University, where he is hoping to found an international wine programme.
Fongyee Walker is mainland China's only Master of Wine candidate and has been approved to sit her MW exams. She is a Member of the Institute of Wines & Spirits and a WSET Diploma holder. Walker is co-founder, with Edward Ragg, of Dragon Phoenix Fine Wine Consulting, mainland China's most successful WSET provider. A former Captain of the Cambridge University Blind Wine Tasting Team, Fongyee has judged at the International Wine Challenge, The Hong Kong Wine Competition and the Yantai International Wine Challenge. She blind-tastes for Food & Wine Magazine China and Wine in China Magazine and presents tastings for wine trade bodies and private groups. She has also written for Decanter Magazine, The World of Fine Wine, The Beijinger, Drink Magazine (Shanghai), FT Rui Magazine (The Financial Times), Caijing Ribao, Wine Review and Fine Wine & Liquor.
Sun Xiaoyi - The Managing Editor and Journalist of Senior Editor of La Revue du Vin de France Chinese version
Sun Xiaoyi writes for many wine/gourmet columns. She has interviewed many international wine industry people (including wine makers, winery owners, famous critics and representatives of wine regions around the world), been invited to take part in important wine events (ViniItaly, Vinexpo Asia-Pacific, Bordeaux Grand Cru Vintage Review, etc), and to be a judge in international wine competitions (including the China Wine Challenge). At the same time, she organizes different theme wine blind tastings and food and wine matching every month. She has applied herself to educating and introducing wine culture to the Chinese consumers. She also writes articles about wine in Time Out, Men's Health, Esquire and for the Beijing People's Broadcasting Station.
Frankie Zhao- Chief Consultant, Pro-Wine Training and Consultancy Co.Ltd
Frankie is a well-known wine consultant, judge and wine writer. He has judged in many international wine competitions including the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles, Tempranillo al Mundo and China Wine Challenge. As a WSET Diploma holder and a member of the Institute of Wines and Spirits, he organises various wine tasting and appreciation courses at the Chinese Agriculture University and Beijing Agriculture College.
Julia Zhu - Hilton Beijing - Head Sommelier, Langham Shen Zhen
Julia Zhu received her Certified Sommelier Certificate from the Canadian Association of Professional Sommeliers in Toronto. After working in Hilton Toronto as a sommelier in training, she returned to China to work in Hilton Beijing as Head Sommelier, a position she now holds in Langham Shen Zhen.
Li Demei - Food Science & Technology Department, Beijing Agricultural College
One of the most-respected and highly-regarded wine personalities in China.
Sherry Weng (Taiwan)
The AOW Chief Wine Educator and authorized WSET wine educator. Sherry starts to enjoy wines since mid-1990s. Now is the Wine Judge for many International Wine Competitions.