The following are instructions for entry Method B,
- wineries overseas without representation in China.
For China Wineries and China Importers/Distributors, or for wineries overseas
intending to enter through representatives based in China, please refer Method A.
Important Dates to Remember in 2013
|Friday 1st March 2013||Entry Kits for 2013 (Hard copy and Web form) will be available.
Please enter anytime after this date.
|Friday 21st March 2013||Last date for Entry Forms to be submitted via email to China Wine Challenge.|
|Friday 28th June 2013||Wines must be delivered to DHL central warehouse in country of origin.|
|Tues. 16th – Thu. 18th July 2013
||China Wine Challenge Tasting by Judges at Hilton Shanghai.|
|Friday 19th July 2013||Awards Ceremony & Dinner at Hilton Shanghai.|
Requirements, cost of entry, and other details are in the Entry Kit (PDF) available
for download below. Please print out and read carefully before entering.
To download Entry kit
To Enter your wines via EMAIL
STEP1Get the Entry Form and Wine Form
Get Entry Form and Wine Form:
DownLoad Excel File
Microsoft EXCEL ver.2007(WIN）
The forms for Microsoft EXCEL ver.2000(WIN) is downloaded when you click the Excel file link. Please type all your infomation which is necessary for entry, using Microsoft EXCEL.
※ Please input all your data in english, non-accentuated characters.
STEP2Complete the Entry Form and Wine Form, Wine Label Scan, and Payment
- Minimum of 3 Wine entries are required for this method.
- Entry Form via email and payment must be received at the latest by Friday 21st March 2013.
- Entry Forms and Wine Forms should be sent to:
- Please complete the Entry Form carefully - the information provided will be used for all subsequent certificates.
- Please show full company details/address and contact name where indicated.
- Please complete the Wine Forms carefully - the information provided will be used for all subsequent certificates.
- Chinese retail price of wines per bottle MUST be included on the Wine Form (for wines not yet available in China please list your FOB export price and retail price in your home market).
* Please refer to "Wine Categories" page, when you fill in the Wine Form and choose wine category.
Please choose the category for each entry. Quote the appropriate code. All wines will, as far as possible, be tasted alongside wines of similar age and price. The China Wine Challenge reserves the right to change the category of a particular wine.
Wine Label Scans
- Please scan the front and back labels of your wines. (JPG or PDF)
- This is to check entries against actual wines received.
- Attach them together with your Entry Forms.
Payment Method - Bank Transfer Only -
- Bank: Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation
- Branch/branch address: 30/F, HSBC Building, Shanghai IFC, 8 Century Ave., Pudong, Shanghai
- P.R.China 200120
- Bank telephone number: (086) 400 882 6688
- Account number (RMB A/C): 920-009511-001
- Account number (EUR A/C): 300-001153-057
- Account number (USD A/C): 300-001153-056
- Account name: Brown & Company Shanghai Ltd.
- Swift code: HSBCCNSH
* We regret to tell you that any kind of cancellation is not acceptable.
* Also please kindly note that fee is not refundable.
* Please ask suppliers to clearly note their transfers as "China Wine Challenge" and your entry number when you pay by bank transfer. This entry number will be emailed to you after acceptance of your entry.
STEP3 Receive Confirmation of Entry
- After confirming your payment, we will notify confirmation of your entry via email.
- The email will contain the following:
- Your Entry Code Number
- Address of DHL warehouse to deliver your wines
- Receipt of payment (PDF)
- Label to paste on your wine cartons (PDF)
STEP4Deliver Your Wines and Required Custom Clearance Documents
- Six (6) x 750ml bottles or equivalent (eg 12 x 375ml) must be submitted for every entry.
- Cartons must be cardboard or polystyrene: wooden cartons not allowed
- Set of 9 documents are required for China customs clearance. Please read details in p.15 of the Entry Kit
Please inquire your local DHL office for specific questions regarding the documents.
- Wines must be delivered to the DHL warehouse specified in the confirmation email, latest by Friday 28th June 2013.
- Please kindly paste "the outer carton entry code number label" onto the outside of all wine boxes. To view the sample, click here. Each case of wine must be clearly noted the case number (e.g.2/3).
- Please mark each case of wine clearly "Samples - No Commercial Value".